I’ve been brewing for over four years now. I started working for a homebrew company in the UK. Before that I didn’t even realise that you could make beer at home and I was happy drinking Fosters at my local because it was cheap!
Since then I’ve brewed hundreds of beers, visited breweries in multiple countries and been to beer related events all over the world. I’ve met some great brewers and learnt a whole lot from a whole lot of people.
I’ve judged beer events, I’ve run beer events, I’ve interviewed brewers and I’ve attended homebrew clubs all over the UK. What I’ve noticed is that beer people are always good people and it’s very easy to make friends when you make your own beer!
So, a little bit about my brewing;
- My favourite style to brew is IPA but I’m trying to expand into more styles
- If I’m brewing 23 litre batches I brew them on the Grainfather but I’ll often split them and ferment them differently
- I like brewing much smaller batches. 5-10 litres. I find that I brew a lot more and more quickly when I brew at this size
- My favourite hop is Galaxy
- My favourite malt is Maris Otter
- I’m always keen for homebrew swaps. If you’re a brewer and you want to try some of my beers I’ll happily exchange for some of yours! Check out my ‘Contact’ page